- FTC and State AG compliance
- FCC telemarketing compliance, advocacy, and enforcement actions
- TCPA defense & compliance
- Telemarketing Sales Rule (TSR) guidance, do-not-call (DNC), SMS/texting, robocalls
- FTC and State AG litigation, CID responses, and compliance
- Digital Platform and Technology transactions
- Technology guidance
- Advertising review
- Digital, social media, and influencer policies
- Copyright registration and licensing
- Privacy and data security
- Production and license agreements
- Talent and performer agreements
- Marketing, advertising, and promotional partner contracts
We advise clients regarding compliance with federal, state and other applicable laws and regulations pertaining to both traditional and emerging channels of advertising, marketing, and media.
Specifically, our experienced team provides direct marketing guidance regarding telemarketing, email, fax, internet, and direct mail marketing, as well as all aspects of do-not-call, do-not-fax, and do-not-mail regulations. We effectively advise clients in the direct marketing world on how to maximize exemptions from these restrictions and successfully defend them in enforcement actions initiated by the Federal Trade Commission, Federal Communications Commission and state attorneys general. We work with several national trade associations pertaining to direct marketing and compliance issues and frequently meet with federal and state regulators pertaining to the creation and implementation of new regulations. We have significant expertise in business matters affecting the direct marketing industry and negotiate, draft and advise clients on contractual issues.
We counsel clients on designing and implementing advertising and marketing campaigns across all media and platforms, including complying with FTC regulations, such as claim substantiation, and the use of influencers, testimonials, and endorsements. We also advise clients on promotions, rights and licensing, and other elements involved in a successful and compliant advertising campaign.